Our Workforce Development Efforts Introduce Transit’s Great Jobs to More People
At Transdev, we are continuing to look for innovative solutions to address the current national labor shortage that’s affecting everyone. Through our workforce development efforts, we are striving to raise awareness about the great jobs available in transit and introduce new people to our industry, including students and refugees.
- We launched a partnership with Xavier University of Louisiana to help expose students to the opportunities the transportation industry has to offer through speaker series, career discussions and potential internships. Read more here.
- Our local Hudson Link team in New York is partnering with Rockland Community College, specifically their graphic design department, on specifically designed marketing projects to attract new talent and introduce them to the transportation industry and its interesting facets. Read more here.
- To support our search for mechanics, we are piloting a maintenance apprenticeship program at our Fairfax County, VA location. The program encourages local high school students to gain the skills needed to enter a career in Transit as a maintenance technician– no experience necessary. Read more here.
- In Phoenix, our team partnered with an automotive technical institute. We agreed to pay for part of the students’ 10-week course and offer them part-time employment / training during school. Upon their successful course completion, they would be offered a fulltime position with Transdev. Read more here.
- We are developing new partnerships with various organizations who can expand our search for employees to some international markets. These partner agencies conduct recruiting fairs on our behalf. Once we have identified viable candidates, our partners facilitate the logistics required for our new employees’ arrival to the U.S., including travel, visa and housing. Seeing success of this program in Phoenix, AZ and Fairfax, VA. Read more here.
- Some of our locations are partnering with AtWork to help address their utility worker shortage. AtWork! is a supported employment agency, assisting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to get good jobs, increase community connection, and successfully transition to life after high school. Our team at Community Transit is experiencing positive results to date. Read more here.
- Transdev announced a commitment with Tent Partnership for Refugees (Tent) – an organization whose mission is to improve the lives and livelihoods of refugees who have been forcibly displaced from their home countries. We’re one of the 260 companies who’ve pledged to hire refugees – an opportunity to bring new talent into the Transit industry while helping them economically integrate in the U.S. Read more here.
A Commitment to our “Safety First” Culture
The safety of our employees, passengers, and communities we serve remains our highest priority at Transdev. Transdev’s Professional Operator Development Program (PODP) is our standardized training to develop skills to help ensure drivers can operate professionally and safely across all our locations.
Find out more about our Safety First culture.
Seamless Passenger Journeys
As the leader integrator of multiple modes of transportation, we know how to ensure seamless integrations within and across networks to ensure a successful passenger journey.
Find out more about how we connect communities through seamless journeys.
Our Purpose Moves Us
We are a company driven by purpose. Our purpose statement is what motivates us every day and serves as the compass for all our decisions. We empower freedom to move every day, thanks to safe, reliable & innovative solutions that serve the common good.